I had a comment from Chelsey @ Sowing Dandelion Seeds about my blog post on Depression and Parenting and came across The Great Canadian Blog Bash. The idea is write a Canadian Themed Post and join the party over at Mom vs. The Boys
I'll start with a little bit about me. My blog name is Annie (I'm kinda incognito) and have lived in Northern Ontario my entire life. Tomorrow will mark our 16th wedding anniversary and we have one adorable and spoiled daughter who we call Jo. I'm in my 40's and after almost having a breakdown last year I have returned to the life of a Stay at Home Mom and look after Hubby's books for his business. I enjoy sewing, knitting, making jewelry, reading and Facebook among a whole bunch of other things too!
Where I live you can get to some pretty neat places in about a days drive. Tomorrow we are taking the Chi-CheeMaun Ferry from Manitoulin Island to Tobermory and while in Tobermory we plan to take a tour of shipwrecks in a Glass Bottom Boat on Lake Huron. Manitoulin Island is the largest fresh water island in the world and we can get there in a little more than 2 hours!
If we were to drive south we would be about 5 hours from Niagara Falls, 4 hours from The CN Tower, a little less than 4 hours and we can be at Canada's Wonderland. NHL Hockey and MLB Baseball games are close enough to make an overnight or weekend getaway. My hometown is famous for The Big Nickel and we are the largest producer of Nickel in the World.
Here is some Canadian Humor for you!
You might be Canadian if.........
1. You're not offended by the term "HOMO MILK".
2. You understand the phrase "Could you pass me a serviette, I just
dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield."
3. You eat chocolate bars, not candy bars.
4. You drink Pop, not Soda.
5. You know that a Mickey and 24's mean, "party at the camp, eh!!!"
6. You don't care about the fuss with Cuba. It's a cheap place to go for
your holidays, with good cigars.
7. You know that a pike is a type of fish, not part of a highway.
8. You drive on a highway, not a freeway.
9. You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers.
10. You know that Casey and Finnegan were not part of a Celtic musical
11. You get excited whenever an American television show mentions
12. You brag to Americans that; Shania Twain, Jim Carrey, Celine Dion &
Mike Myers are Canadians.
13. You know that the C.E.O. of American Airlines is a Canadian!
14. You know what a toque is.
15. You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
16. You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always
17. Your local newspaper covers the national news on 2 pages, but
requires 6 pages for hockey.
18. You know that the four seasons mean: almost winter, winter, still
winter, and road work.
19. You know that when it's 25 degrees outside, it's a warm day.
20. You understand the Labatt Blue commercials.
21. You know how to pronounce and spell "Saskatchewan".
22. You perk up when you hear the theme song from 'Hockey Night in
23. You are in grade 12, not the 12th grade.
24. "Eh?" is a very important part of your vocabulary, and is more
polite than, "Huh?"
25. You actually understand these jokes, and forward this link to all of your
Now for the giveaway part!
We will celebrate Canada Day this Friday and no Canada Day Celebration is complete without some Beverages! I am giving away 2 Gift Cards valued at $40.00
If you are in Ontario the 2 cards will be for The LCBO (The Liquor Control Board of Ontario) and for Tim Hortons. If you are outside of Ontario the 2 cards will be for Canadian Tire and Tim Hortons. Entry for this giveaway is really very simple. Each of the options counts as an entry
- Follow my blog on Google Friend Connect
- If you are already a follower leave me a comment telling me why you love Canada
- Check out my blog and leave a comment here telling me what you like about my blog
Happy Canada Day to all and Good Luck with my very first giveaway!!!!