Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Weekend Adventure

Back to the land of Blogging!! My hand is just about healed and aside from not having full strength in it I can pretty much be back to normal again!!

Here in photos is the adventure the girls had on the weekend.








Hubby was working all weekend, so I packed up Jo and a friend and off we went to camp.  Friday night one of the campers found one baby raccoon all alone and she took it off to the wildlife refuge.  The kids thought it was pretty cute.  Saturday night the kids found 3 more.  We told them to leave them alone until morning and if they were still alone we would take them in as well.  By morning they had crawled to a nearby fire pit for the warmth and all 3 became residents in my trailer in a box until we could get them taken in.  Jo and her Aunt fed them bananas and water and we kept them warm.  All the kids had a grand time making collars for them (which we kept) and all 3 had names.  If only we could have brought them home!  It was a great experience for all of them and I have to admit, I thought it was kinda cool too!

No comments:

Post a Comment