Sunday, August 22, 2010

Where was I going with this?

When I started this blog, I was at the bottom of my depression. I am fortunate that I have been suffering this long enough that I was able to notice the triggers and I knew to seek some action before things got too out of hand. I have take a break from work and the summer seems to have flown by. I've been slowly getting back to being my old self. The hobbies that I had no energy for have slowly started to resurface. Back in April and May I had little ambition to do anything. I quit reading, knitting, making funky beaded things and the camera stayed in the case for what seemed like the longest time. Things are coming back to me...slowly.

I saw my Doctor in May and he prescribed Pristiq to go along with the Wellbutrin that I have been on for years. I started at a low dose and just recently had it doubled. I will see him again this week and hope that he is happy with the progress. I haven't had to use any Valium in ages. The anxiety attacks have subsided. My sleep is still a mess even with the use of sleeping pills. I either sleep like the dead or I am awake off and on all night. I tried going back to work for a few hours daily and it wiped me out. I couldn't function in the afternoon and even fell asleep in my yard while visiting with a friend of mine. I don't think going back to work will happen for a little while yet. I have tried to explain this to the people that I work with and they don't seem to understand the severity of what is going on with my body. I have been told to focus on the positive and I should go for a walk and shake it off. If only it was that easy.

I have begun reading again. Something that I enjoy! I had a Danielle Steel novel sitting on my dresser and I had no idea whether or not I had read it, so I read it anyways. It turned out to be a decent book although I have to say that I loved her earlier books so much better. Her writing has become predictable and there doesn't seem to be the detail that there used to be. I love her books and will still read them as soon as I can get my hands on them. I have recently discovered Lisa Jackson and am enjoying her books immensely. Three months ago I couldn't have cared less who published a new book let alone get excited about reading it. Now I am using the online library system reserving books and reading them in the 3 week loan period instead of leaving them on the nightstand and then paying late fines for something that I never even opened. I guess the bright side is that the money from the fines goes towards new books.

I haven't yet taken my knitting needles out and the beads have been sitting in their cases but I have been looking at patterns that make make the fall creep by a little faster. It also helps that there is a new little baby in our family that I can knit for. I am thinking about a funky green hat with decorations for Christmas for her. The other thing I have to get done is to get rid of some of my stash of wool. It has taken over a closet and I think that I will post some on eBay in the weeks coming just to get rid some of it. Once I get started on that I will post some of my Works in Progress...hence the name of the blog.

I hope to begin posting on a regular basis complete with photos, updates and links to anything I find interesting!

Until I post again...
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment