Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I've been busy!

My sewing machine has been busy!  Things aren't going as quickly as I'd like, but I'm learning as I go.  The only teaching that I had was in 7th and 8th grade Home Economics Classes!

I made a simple Tote Bag with a zippered pocket and another large open pocket and then I took the tutorial from Lindsay over at The Cottage Home and made a sleeve for my mom's net book. It turned out a little bit too small, but fit my iPad just perfect so I made a larger one this week.  The only thing I changed from the tutorial was the buttons.  My machine is new and I played around with the button hole attachment and wasn't pleased with the way the holes were turning out so I used Velcro instead!





My niece turned 13 almost 2 weeks ago and loves to draw.  I was very tired of watching her carry her sketch pad around in either a plastic bag or just by itself so I made her a bag as well and a roll to carry all her pencils, charcoal and pens for her drawing and sketching.





I've also posted this here
toolsareforwomentoo

No comments:

Post a Comment