Sunday, October 3, 2010

Delivered Gifts

I have a group of friends that I met online.  We all have the "been there and done that" in common. Out of our group 2 ladies have battled and beaten breast cancer in the last 2 years.  Today was the CIBC Run for the Cure and 7 ladies and some of their families ran or walked today to raise funds for the cure.  The group raised almost $6000.00!! Amazing for a group of about 20 runners and walkers.  I was not able to run or walk with them, so I made them personalized "medals" to be given to the 7 ladies.  I have had them made for about 2 weeks and haven't been able to blog about them..so here they are! Each were personalized with their names, but have cropped the name out of the first photo...








These were made pretty much the same way as the scrabble tile wine charms but I used glass tiles instead of the wooden ones.  They were well received by all and I am glad to have been part of the finish line for them, even if only in spirit!!

Way to go Girls!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment