Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins

It seems everything is pumpkin this week!  With our Thanksgiving this weekend we will have all kinds of it!!  My mom makes an amazing Pumpkin Pie with a crust, I baked 2 Pumpkin Spice Cakes this week and of course the Pumpkin Butter.  Today I made 7 dozen Pumpkin Muffins.  There are about 40 being sent to school for the class to have a treat and some to go to the staff in the office!
Here is what I made!!
Both were found at www.cooks.com

The first batch I made were very simple

PUMPKIN MUFFINS


3 1/3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
3 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
Mix dry ingredients and add:
1 c. oil
4 eggs
2/3 c. water
2 c. pumpkin
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Prepare muffin tins by greasing with vegetable oil or butter and sprinkling lightly with flour. Shake out excess.
Fill muffin tins three-quarters full and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

I made a simple Cream Cheese Icing and decorated them!
Plain Muffins

All decorated for school tomorrow




PUMPKIN APPLE STREUSEL MUFFINS



MUFFINS:
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. Libby's solid pack pumpkin
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 c. peeled finely chopped apples
In large bowl, combine first five ingredients and set aside. In medium bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, and oil. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Stir in apples.Spoon batter into greased or paper lined muffin cups filling them 3/4 full. Sprinkle streusel topping (see below) over batter.
Bake muffins at 350°F. for 35 or 40 minutes until done. For 6 giant muffins, increase baking time to 40 or 45 minutes.
STREUSEL TOPPING:
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 tbsp. butter
In small bowl, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.

In the oven
All done!

These are sooooo good! My mom walked in the door just as I was taking one batch out of the oven.  She had one and then told me that she returned some empty containers so she should be able to take them home full again. Then she called my Nana and told her about them and my nana suggested that maybe I could email the recipe to my aunt so that my aunt could make some for her too!  

It has been a really long day and I think it's about time to call it a night!  If you make either of these, please let me know what you think!!


No comments:

Post a Comment