Saturday, November 13, 2010

Auntie's Beads

Auntie's Beads & Jewelry Supplies


I got an email yesterday morning from a gentleman at Auntie's Beads.  He noticed in my profile that I am a fan of making jewelery.  This is true.  I'm not really good at some parts of it, but others I do pretty well.  I replied to his email and started looking around on the website.  There is everything you need to construct whatever kind of jewelry that you might ever want to make.  I browsed for most part of the day and then ordered a few things and added a few more to my wish list so I can get them another time (Christmas is really not that far away...)

So far my favorite part of the website is the video section. I know now why my bracelets have been falling apart, how to make proper loops, open jump rings and a hoard of other tips and pointers.  Amazing!!!

My sister in law has made jewelry for years and I was always envious of the things that she designed and made.  I thought it was difficult.  I got started accidentally when my child was given a bead kit for her birthday one year and we started making simple things.  I was always on the lookout for kits with detailed instructions so that I could learn.  I bought Jewelry Making & Beading For Dummies and read it and followed along.  It's a great book, but after watching the Videos on Auntie's Beads I have a much better understanding of what the book was trying to tell me.

I am really looking forward to getting my package in the mail and will post pictures of what I ordered and received and I hope it isn't too long before The Coiling Gizmo is in stock!  I really, really want it!!

I'll leave you with a few pictures of what I made last week!!!
My sister loves jewelry with messages.  These were almost too easy.  Put a clasp on some chain, add better jump rings and voila...done

Just for fun

These didn't turn out like the picture in the book.  Better luck next time.

I bought these beads and had no idea what to do with them.  I am learning!!

These were wrapped around the stems of wine glasses and given as a wedding gift to a dear friend who was proposed to at the top of the Eiffel Tower

Again...just for fun!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE those message thingies!! Where did you order them from?
    - Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked them up at Micheal's Craft store 2 weeks ago!!

    ReplyDelete