Monday, November 29, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 29 Random Things Today

First off I need to shout out to my sister!
Happy Birthday to my much younger and prettier sister!!! 
I love you!!


Now for the fun stuff.  I have been out shopping a few times in the last week or so and I cannot believe the way people behave in public.  I'm not referring to all, just some.  I had a lady yesterday call me some very nasty names and I had done nothing wrong.  We have a strip mall in our town and there are 3 rows of parking.  One where you pull up to the store fronts and then 2 rows in the actual parking lot.  I was going into the grocery store and pulled into an open spot.  The spot in front of me was also empty and another vehicle was pulling into it.  I lined up my car with the cars along side to be sure that I wasn't taking up too much space so the other car could pull in.  I parked and was about to get out when I see this lady calling me all kinds of names and pulling into another spot.  I can only assume that she intended to pull through both spaces and I foiled her plan.  When I was leaving the store she was also leaving and continued to call me the same names.  I came home upset and I wish I was the type of person that could have gotten out of my truck to ask her what her problem was.

What it is about this time of year?  Do people forget that other people have feelings and are out and about doing the same thing as everyone else?  Yes there are going to be line ups and parking might be further away from the store as you would like it to be, but 'tis the season.

With my depression this is a very hard time of year.  I can remember being a child and not feeling well Christmas Day.  I can remember all the years before becoming a mom that I wanted to hide the entire month of December.  It's a hard time of year for so many people.  I still have a hard time with Christmas.  I know that I will make it through and I also think that some common courtesy and manners will make it easier for everyone.
  • Hold the Door for someone
  • Let the person behind you with one item go ahead of you
  • It's only a parking space, there will be another
  • Smile
  • Offer to help someone any small effort helps
  • Bump into me, apologize
  • Excuse me is a nice gesture too
I'm sure there are more....add if you like!!

I think we all need to remember that everyone is stressing about something or having a hard time finding the perfect gift, but we all need to keep in mind that we are all human and we all have feelings.......Let's respect that.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks sister, I love you too!! I am thinking that perhaps you might want to speak to that tutor about your math skills though, just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete