Wednesday, November 10, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 10 and still going


I couldn't resist taking this picture the other day.  Hubby even stopped the truck on the one lane bridge for me so I could take it without blur and the dirt on the window.  It's a little creek that we cross on the way out to Nana's house.  This is not on the highway.  It's on one of Grampa's "shortcuts".  It might actually be shorter distance wise, but time wise it's probably a little bit slower, but more scenic.  This was the first time I have taken this route in a really long time...made me think of Grampa.  We happened to be there during the deer hunt and it was the first time I had been in the hunt camp during the actual hunt and it was very different to be in there without him.  It was quiet, nowhere near the number of hunters there used to be and the atmosphere was nowhere near the same as it was in years past.  It's times like this that I wonder how Nana really copes with the day to day loneliness.  I can't imagine..........

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Hooray! I didn't know you were NaBlo-ing!!! :) I'll check your NaBlo posts out daily then!

    ReplyDelete