Thursday, November 4, 2010

Family Ring

I have been browsing the site for NaBloPoMo and there are links, message boards, ideas and all kinds of fun stuff.  One of the writing prompts I discovered was "Tell us the story of a piece of jewelry you own. Where did it come from, and what does it mean to you?"  The idea came from Colleen Taylor from 2 Conversations.

I've decided to write about my family ring.

For my first Christmas as a mom this was my gift.  It is something I wanted and even before there were 3 of us I kept looking at family rings and they all had a minimum of 3 stones.  I couldn't even get one for just hubby and I.  It is my most prized possessions!  Someday I hope to pass it on to my daughter!



About 10 days before Christmas we got a call that it was ready to pick up.  I was thrilled and hubby agreed that even though it was a Christmas gift I could wear it early and not have to wait until December 25th.  We went to get it and I was so disappointed, they had my name spelled wrong.  I was then told that there was no guarantee that I would have it in time for Christmas.  I was crushed.  We had no choice but to send it back and hope for the best.  I think the clerk in the jewelery department realized how upset I was and she must have put a rush order on it because I had my ring for Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful ring -- and even more so because of its special meaning. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete